Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Pedestals and beanbags

I want to put my horse on a pedestal. I mean an actual pedestal, like the one here. It’s a favorite tool of trick horse trainers Allen Pogue and Sue De Laurentis, who've also promoted the common beanbag from dorm room furniture to training aid. I love how these folks push the envelope with their program, and I love how relaxed and attentive their horses are, especially at liberty. The benefits of pedestal and beanbag training start at birth and extend throughout the life of a horse. Check out ImageaHorse.com for pics, videos, articles, and construction plans. But first, listen to our interview. It’s a good one.

Radio interview with Allen Pogue and Sue De Laurentis

No comments:

Spooking on the Trail

On Facebook recently, a poster described a spooking incident and wondered what the horse learned from the rider’s response. In this case, ...