Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Jogging in the Neighborhood

A new favorite activity for my horses and me is jogging in the neighborhood. Actually, we jog for a while and walk for a while. It’s about a two-mile loop and they really seem to love it! The last quarter mile, I climb on one of them (with the aid of a fire hydrant) and pony the other. I like to give my horses as many different experiences as I can. Hoofcare guru, Gene Ovnicek, says jogging on payment is great for their bare feet, too. And of course, it’s a bit of light cardio for this sexegenarian (sixty-year-old … what did you think it meant?) Anyway, just wanted to share this with you. File this under, “Playing with your horse in the city.” BTW, they almost never have an “accident.” Neither do I.

No comments:

Spooking on the Trail

On Facebook recently, a poster described a spooking incident and wondered what the horse learned from the rider’s response. In this case, ...